Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Lab Rat of Skin Care Series Vol 1: ~Eye Makeup Removers~

I've been thinking over and over, about what i should post on my blog. I really don't want to just make it as a copy of my youtube channel, I want it to be kinda different. So, I decide to do a new series about all the skin care or hair care that i've tried during the past 2-3 years.

If you follow me on youtube, you guys will know how much I love trying new things; like seriously, I rarely repurchase products, no matter how good they are; so I became a little lab rat, kekekeke.

Okay, okay, stop rambling, let's get started to Chapter one- eye makeup removers.
Aw, btw, i have to repeat that i didn't use all these products within one week or something like that, I used them in the past 2-3 years. I just always had the habit to take pictures right after I purchase any new products. And it also means that I don't guarantee you can still get all the products, cuz they might be discontinued.

So I'll use stars to indicate how do I feel about the product, from * to *****, means worst to best.

1. MAC Gentle Off Eye and Lip Makeup Remover *****
Such a nice product, gentle enough, effective enough, and the price is acceptable as well; of course, you can also back to mac the container, who wouldn't love it?
2. Lancome Bi-Facil Double Action Eye Makeup Remover *****
Super gentle eye makeup remover, and takes off the false lashes extremely fast. Although it's on the pricey side, but you can always buy it when Lancome has the GWP event.
3. Napoleon Perdis Duet Makeup Remover *****
Another gentle but effective product. However, we cannot get it anymore in Canada, since NP stopped their contract with The Bay. It was not cheap at all originally, but I got it when the brand was cleared out by The Bay for like only $10, such a steal!
4. Sephora Brand Eye Makeup Remover ****
It is gentle enough, but as a bi-phased eye makeup remover, I kinda expect it to work faster. It absolute works, but just takes time. since I just finished my Lancome one, I feel like this remover doubles the time than Lancome. But of course, taking the price factor into consideration, it is good enough, lol.
5. Orlane Lauria Eye Makeup Remover ***
I got this from a gift basket, since I always wear false lashes, I really don't find this water-based eye makeup remover works for me, so I ended up just used it as a face cleansing water.
6. Laneige O2 Clear Lip & Eye Remover ****
I would say this a a really normal product, the reason why i say so is that, it is gentle, but not super gentle; and it is effective, but not impressively effective; the price is Okay, but not that cheap. So everything is just Okay, and worths 4 stars.
7. Methode Swiss Bi-Phase Eye Makeup Remover *****
If I can give 6 stars, I would be giving this product 6!!! I luv luv luv it. I 'm pretty sure that none of you have ever heard about this brand, but this is a salon line made in Switzerland. I got it from Hong Kong, and I believe it was like about $25. It's just sooooo mild, and will never leave that sort of greasy feeling on your eyes. It works super duper fast, you just need to cover the cotton pad on your eyelids for like 5 sec, the lash adhesive is already melted. and even the waterproof eyeliner will disappear. ^^
8. Shiseido The Skin Care Instant Eye and Lip Makeup Remover ****
It is effective, but i can always feel the greasiness after using it. Another problem is that the two phases get separate too fast, so you have to shake it more.
9. Guerlain Crystal Lotus Flower Eye and Lip Makeup Remover **
I have to say this is one of the worst eye makeup removers that i've ever used. first, it irritated my eyes. Although it is a lotion, and lotions are supposed to be even more gentle, but it almost made my eyes swollen! And when you see the price on the receipt, you're gonna hate yourself even more! lol
10. Etude Eye Makeup Remover ****
Similar to the Sephora one, Okay product but good price. I found that many Asian brand makeup removers tend to separate faster, I mean the oil and water phases. Then you have to shake them more often and also for longer time.
11. Elizabeth Arden All Gone Eye and Lip Makeup Remover *****
I don't really like EA products, cuz I found most of them are too harsh for sensitive skin, but I luv this one a lot!
12. Estee Lauder Eye Makeup Remover ****
I got this from the Estee Lauder Holiday Blockbuster. It is a water-based remover, but when you actually pour it on a cotton pad and rub it, it foams up a little bit. I don't really know if this step helps making it more effective, but it just makes me feel it can clean better.
13. Estee Lauder Long wear Eye and Lip Makeup Remover *****
I think you cannot get this product anymore. This is the bi-phase eye makeup remover that EL made long time ago, and it works really good. dunno why they discontinue it.
14. Biotherm Biocils Express Makeup Remover For Eyes *****
Good product, lovely price, thumb up!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reviews on the eye makeup removers! It's so amazing that you used so many over the years.. it seems like it takes forever for me to finish mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that I always use too much skin care products, my hubby says that i "drink: them. lol

    ReplyDelete